MOVarazzi

Monday, May 21, 2012

778. Muse Returns

I went to get the rest of my groceries out of the car, and there she was. 

“Muse!  WOW!  I am so glad to see you.  Where have you been?” 
She stepped out and regarded me with a look that could only be called disdain. 
“What’s this I hear about pose-it notes?” 

“Pose-it notes?  You mean post-it notes?” 

“Oh, they’re called post-it notes?  Huh.  That doesn’t make much sense.  Okay, anyway, someone told me you’re not writing in your nice journal from Paradise?” 
“You mean Paris?” 

“Isn’t that what I just said?” 
I stepped a bit closer to find out if I could smell any alcohol this time.  Nada. 

“Muse, if I write in the leather journal, I might mess it up.  But a pose-it note, who cares?” 
“Pose-it?  So that is the right word?” 

“Stop.  You know what I mean.  I can throw a post-it note in the trash.” 
I smiled wide, revealing teeth that were not magazine model perfect, but orthodontist passable. 

“Are you telling me now that you don’t recycle?” 
“What?” 

“You throw my extra ideas away?” 
“No!  I mean, I save them all!  I would never throw your ideas away.  Your ideas are brilliant!” 

She stared at me for a very long time.  “You are really hard to read, MOV.” 
“I could say the same thing about you, Muse.  I never know when you are giving me a real idea or just messing with me.” 

“Why would I do that?” she demanded, her eyes suddenly wild with rage. 
“Oh, Muse, I know you have a wicked sense of humor.  Hey, are you going to be here for a minute?  I can go grab my new red journal, but this ice-cream’s melting.  Let me go stick it in the fridge.” 

“I’ll tell you where to stick something,” she mumbled. 
“Excuse me?” 

“I said, I’ll wait right here.” 
“Promise?” 

“Sure.” 
“Okay, be right back!” 

I was away less than a minute.  Of course she was gone. 
But so was my car.


38 comments:

  1. What? Muse stole your car? Ack! I knew she couldn't be trusted. And, what's wrong with writing ideas on pose..er post-it notes? They're handy and more easily accessible than the red leather zhur-nal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope Muse gets better gas mileage than I do ...

      Delete
  2. Hot muse, MOV, how come I don't have a hot-looking muse like that? Hope you get the car back...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raymond! Let me know if you see my car around town-- apparently, it will be the one with the bald tires.

      Delete
  3. Hehehehe. Great post, love your dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! (where have YOU been? off with Muse, perhaps?)

      Delete
  4. Do you think she headed for Target? I hope she at least calls to see if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only lost your car, but when you get it back, it looks like new tires are in your future, too.
    Love the description of the teeth and the banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. Maybe I don't want my car back after Muse abused it like that.

      Delete
  6. Muse is such a Bad Ass no wonder you miss her and want to hang out with her so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, it seems your muse is quite the wild one! hopefully she sticks around for another well-inspired piece (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renada! "Wild" pretty much defines her.

      Delete
  8. She's a real piece of work, isn't she? The car speeding off just reminded me of Ferris Bueller. I'll bet Muse and Ferris would have a lot in common. Maybe you should look for her in Chicago? ;-)

    Even though she's only around briefly, I think she inspires you beautifully! I love these dialogues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Couse! and you are right, I could totally see Muse going all the way to Chicago.

      Delete
  9. What a sassy muse! This makes me wonder what my own muse looks likes.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Muse can be a fickled wench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, you are right! and I already miss her.

      Delete
  11. I see the picture of you, but where's the pic of your muse??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Muse. So poorly behaved! I love these bits of dialog between you and the Muse. I can definitely relate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's a bad driver that Muse and cheeky, too! Fun dialog between you two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a Muse! I think I will stick with mine....hmmm, maybe she was off with your a few weeks ago! Could explain things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, I am not sure if my muse has many friends with her attitude........

      Delete
  15. Your muse is quite the wild woman. You bail her out, she steals your car. Let's hope she brings it back with LOTS of new ideas!! http://jesterqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! More ideas! Then all will be forgiven.......

      Delete
  16. Oh, this is funny! And the photos to go with it are just perfect! My muse leaves me stranded but has never stolen my car. I consider myself lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mentally stranded, no car.......... all the same thing.

      Does Triple A deliver good ideas?

      Delete
  17. My muse has been giving me tons of idea, but I am so busy with everything else that I can't give him/her the time of day right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, that is when Muse really wants your attention-- when you are too busy!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for linking up this week. I love the pictures of your Muse. She's gorgeous and looks like a ton of trouble. I can absolutely see the Muse stealing the car. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)