MOVarazzi

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

767. Muse Gets Arrested

Honestly, I can’t say I was surprised.  I hadn’t heard from her in days, and when she did make a brief appearance, she was hung-over.    

Still, when my phone rang at 3 AM, I wasn’t quite prepared. 

“MOV, don’t hang up,” she said, as if I would ever hang up on the source of my inspiration, “you are my one phone call.”  I heard sirens in the background.    

Of course I zipped right down to the police station to get her out.  The Husband wasn’t happy about my late-night rendezvous.  “Geesh, MOV, there are other people she could call!”  He refused to go with me.  “What did she do this time, kill someone?”    

Turns out, she had been arrested for resisting arrest. 
“How can you be arrested for resisting arrest?” I asked the policeman at the desk. 

“Well, technically, we pulled her over on suspicion of DUI, but then her blood alcohol level tested clean as water.  But she did seem drunk.  She’s an enigma, that one.”  He shrugged, then went back to scribbling down important police notes. 
“I posted your bail,” I said to Muse as a different policeman unlocked her cell, “you owe me.” 

She guffawed.  “Let me get this straight:  I have inspired every word you’ve ever written, yet I owe you?  Ha!” 

I did not like this bitchy side of her.  The policeman suppressed a smile.  Even messy, Muse titillated men and women alike.  She was like a magnet, a beautiful and defiant magnet.           

I took a deep breath and stated calmly, “Muse, I called an attorney.  You’re paying for that, though, I don’t care how many good ideas you have.  I am running out of patience and money.” 
She sauntered over to a small mirror hung on the side of the office and studied her reflection.  She puckered up her lips provocatively; I thought she might kiss the glass.    

“That’s okay, I think I’m going to stay here.” She winked at me, then went back in her cell. 

**********

41 comments:

  1. Muses are perverse, aren't they? Too bad you really can't fire them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She comes, she goes, she's on her own schedule.......

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She has always been that way: predictably unpredictable.

      Delete
  3. You are so good with those writing challenges that give you one word. So good! (I hope Kate Moss doesn't get upset with you.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Couse!!! :) I always appreciate your nice comments.

      (And it is Kate Muse, not Kate Moss)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Muse and Zombie Bob run into each other, I hope he doesn't eat her brain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least if she's locked up, you'll know where to find her when you're next looking…

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! (If she doesn't sneak out a window or something.)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic. Her cell was as irresistible to her as she was to others. Enjoyed this, MOV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I want to kick that muse's BUTT. Yes, in fact, she DOES owe you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed your request for the link written out. I didn't realize blogspot didn't turn our name into a link :)

    http://jesterqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blogspot does turn your name into a link. the problem is, not everyone has their link set up right! if people take the time to write it out, then I can find them later.

      here is a post I wrote about fixing your link if it is not set up right:
      http://mothersofbrothersblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/762-public-service-announcement-from.html

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  10. Well, that dirty, rotten Muse...I think I'd use the money I would've spent on the lawyer to bribe the jailer into putting someone real tough in the same cell. Yep, Muse just might come back begging to get out and agree to the conditions. Mean? Yes, but necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm running out of money and patience - Perfect! I know the feeling. Love that she runs back into the cell. Tease.

    http://writinginthemarginsburstingattheseams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome--I interviewed my muse here: http://wp.me/p2gpEb-3y. LOVE your story! Funny how she locks herself back up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, Jennifer, just clicked over there and read it. Your Muse is a little angsty, eh? And she is a little more polished than my gal. I am pretty sure my Muse does not speak Latin.

      Maybe I need a Muse upgrade???

      Delete
  13. I'm in love with that muse. What a hot chick, and smart too. Free room and board behind bards. No pun intended...LOL

    Awesome,creative post, MOV...you're on the ball! ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray (can I call you Ray?). I appreciate your nice words!

      Delete
  14. I'm in awe of your writing.
    That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. But where would the muse be without your words?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! See, that is exactly it. She and I are a team. And there is no "I" in "TEAM" (although, The Husband likes to point out that there is an "M" and an "E": ME).

      Delete
  16. Thanks for linking up to Trifecta. I love your locked-up muse. I think you've described her perfectly: bitchy, beautiful, provocative and well aware that we need her far more than she needs us. Great job! Hope to see you back for the weekend prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's a sassy wench, alright!
    birdiesiview.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/birdies-muse/

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)