MOVarazzi

Monday, February 13, 2012

665. Hyperventilating With Famousness

So there I was, reading the blog of my new Bloggy Crush, Stephanie at Clay Baboons. She does these super-funny little clay scenes and then writes ultra-creative hilarious stuff to go along with it, and basically I laugh a lot and then go back and re-read it to make sure I didn’t miss any punch-lines or humor nuances and subtleties (note:  that is supposed to say subtleties, I’m sorry if spellcheck corrected it to subtitles, but please be aware that Stephanie does not write in a foreign language even though she lives in Canada where everyone speaks French, but she is quite fluent in the language of Bwahahahaha, that is actually her native tongue). But I digress. The point is, I was reading her latest post, and she recommended a few other bloggers and I thought, “Oh, cool, let’s see if I have heard of any of them,” and there I was, scrolling on down, and KABOOM! My blog! She recommended my blog!

Now, this is not the very first time this has ever happened to me. I have received a few Versatile Blogger awards, the Liebster Award, I came in third once in a Trifecta Writing Challenge, plus I was interviewed by Chicago Parent Magazine online, and I even won a Pulitzer Prize*(*this award I gave to myself, so it might not “officially” count). But what made this such a unique experience was there was a picture of my book cover, too.

I fainted. Well, I didn’t faint faint, in the traditional sense of me falling out of the chair and losing consciousness, but my head did get a little woozy and I thought I might hyperventilate. I did what I always do in scary unfamiliar situations: reached for that bag of M&M’s on my desk and dove in.

Oh, Stephanie, Stephanie, does any of your clay look like M&M’s?

Thank you for recommending my blog. Right back at you (in an infinite loop of mutual admiration).

MOV

15 comments:

  1. I love infinite loops, all that logic and maths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto (you get the idea)

      Delete
  2. *sniff* So much love in this room. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aRe infinitely loopy, in a good Möbius Strip sort of manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, seriously MOV, this is getting embarrassing. No way do I warrant 3 posts of my own on your blog. Thanks - as always - for your kind words and encouragement. And I DO write in another language, just not on my blog! (I'm a frenchie, through and through. It's what I've done aaaaaaall day for the past 10 years - whenever I'm not making stuff out of clay - teach French.) And also...I did make M&Ms, on my last post. It's just they looked more like smarties and I couldn't be bothered to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'accord, mon amie Stephanie, no more mentioning you on my blog. (Je suis une menteuse.) ha!

      Delete
  5. Well done! (again) Keep yup your funniness :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and Aysh, I keep meaning to tell you that I really like the little picture that stands for you, the pink background and square boxy head and cute ears. Fun!

      Delete
  6. Stephanie is awesome and so are you! I say ya'll just keep on rockin' the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! thanks for your kind words! and love your blog too, need to catch up your archives. :)

      Delete
  7. Good for you MOV! I just discovered Stephanie's blog thanks to your posts here, it's great!
    Shea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't she hilarious? wish she'd put it all in a book (hint, hint, Stephanie).

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)