“Dearest Wonderfulest Writer MOV,” the comment started, like so many of them typically do, “I am nominating you for a special blogging award called Versatile Blogger. Congratulations! Now, all you have to do is blah blah blah fine print who cares blah blah name some other bloggers blah blah send me a million dollars blah blah blabbity blah.”
I was winning an award! Again! This was so exciting! This was almost as good as that time I won “Most Improved Field Hockey” player after playing Junior Junior Varsity for three years. I would love to have been a fly on the wall during that behind-the-scenes award selection process:
Primary Coach: Has MOV quit hockey yet?
Assistant Coach: No. I keep hinting that this might not be the sport for her, yet she keeps showing up to practice.
PC: Well, I do give her that. The girl’s got tenacity.
Ass. Coach: Too bad she can’t trade that in for some skill. Or talent. Or coordination.
PC: I feel sorry for her.
Ass. Coach: Who doesn’t?
PC: Do you think she’s just staying on ‘til she wins some sort of award or medal or something? I get the feeling maybe she is doing this so it will look good on her college applications. What if we give her, I dunno, like Most Improved or something, then maybe she would go away?
Ass. Coach: Worth a shot!
But this time, no one was forced to choose me. Bluespeckledpup just picked me all on her own! There was absolutely no mention of this being pity-related at all! (Although, it did sound like she might have misinterpreted my blog as a Diet Blog—see what she wrote about me: “Don’t read with something in your mouth, though, or it might spray out your nostrils.” FYI disclaimer: I do not endorse anorosia-bulexia nor spraying food out of your nostrils as a dietary success method. Consult your doctor before embarking on a new weight-loss regime. Just so we’re clear, my blog recommends chocolate, wine, vodka, and trying to impress others, especially when it comes to parenting. This may cause weight loss, or in my case, weight gain.)
I just have to nominate a couple other blogs that I think people might want to be exposed to. Wait, “exposed to” sounds kinda germy. I meant, introduced to. Here goes:
- blue speckled pup (thank you for the award, my cyberpal!)
- southern fried children I think if she lived next door to me, I would permanently move in with her just to hear her talk all day, she could be my new best friend (run, SFC, run!)
- cheese blarg Cheesey doesn’t really need a shout-out from me, there are like 1200 followers already
- daddy scratches I know! A man can write too! Tell him MOV sent you (although he has no idea who I am, and look out there is a bit of 4-letter word type language just warning you)
- haley's comic she draws stuff
- the new lunch lady she writes a food/ recipe/ healthy family blog (kinda the antithesis of my blog?)
- jeannie jeannie oh, she is so artsy and New York-ish! so cool! stylish musings on steroids