MOVarazzi

Sunday, September 25, 2011

522. That Time I Won

One day I was checking my blog comments, like I always do hourly, and I noticed a new comment that first appeared to be spam, but upon closer inspection was actually a notification of an important and crucially potentially career-boosting writing award.

“Dearest Wonderfulest Writer MOV,” the comment started, like so many of them typically do, “I am nominating you for a special blogging award called Versatile Blogger. Congratulations! Now, all you have to do is blah blah blah fine print who cares blah blah name some other bloggers blah blah send me a million dollars blah blah blabbity blah.”

I was winning an award! Again! This was so exciting! This was almost as good as that time I won “Most Improved Field Hockey” player after playing Junior Junior Varsity for three years. I would love to have been a fly on the wall during that behind-the-scenes award selection process:

Primary Coach: Has MOV quit hockey yet?

Assistant Coach: No. I keep hinting that this might not be the sport for her, yet she keeps showing up to practice.

PC: Well, I do give her that. The girl’s got tenacity.

Ass. Coach: Too bad she can’t trade that in for some skill. Or talent. Or coordination.

PC: I feel sorry for her.

Ass. Coach: Who doesn’t?

PC: Do you think she’s just staying on ‘til she wins some sort of award or medal or something? I get the feeling maybe she is doing this so it will look good on her college applications. What if we give her, I dunno, like Most Improved or something, then maybe she would go away?

Ass. Coach: Worth a shot!

But this time, no one was forced to choose me. Bluespeckledpup just picked me all on her own! There was absolutely no mention of this being pity-related at all! (Although, it did sound like she might have misinterpreted my blog as a Diet Blog—see what she wrote about me: “Don’t read with something in your mouth, though, or it might spray out your nostrils.” FYI disclaimer: I do not endorse anorosia-bulexia nor spraying food out of your nostrils as a dietary success method. Consult your doctor before embarking on a new weight-loss regime. Just so we’re clear, my blog recommends chocolate, wine, vodka, and trying to impress others, especially when it comes to parenting. This may cause weight loss, or in my case, weight gain.)

I just have to nominate a couple other blogs that I think people might want to be exposed to. Wait, “exposed to” sounds kinda germy. I meant, introduced to. Here goes:

  1. blue speckled pup (thank you for the award, my cyberpal!)
  2. southern fried children   I think if she lived next door to me, I would permanently move in with her just to hear her talk all day, she could be my new best friend (run, SFC, run!)
  3. cheese blarg Cheesey doesn’t really need a shout-out from me, there are like 1200 followers already
  4. daddy scratches   I know! A man can write too! Tell him MOV sent you (although he has no idea who I am, and look out there is a bit of 4-letter word type language just warning you)
  5. haley's comic  she draws stuff
  6. the new lunch lady   she writes a food/ recipe/ healthy family blog (kinda the antithesis of my blog?)
  7. jeannie jeannie oh, she is so artsy and New York-ish!  so cool!  stylish musings on steroids
So, thank you Blog-cyber-sphere and bluespeckledpup for my new award! I am wearing my freshly-polished tiara right now in anticipation of the TV crews who I know will be showing up on my doorstep at any moment!

MOV

12 comments:

  1. You're winnin'!! Tiger blood, baby, tiger blood!! Seriously, congrats. Your blog is hi-larious!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often used that SAME phrase to describe my blog! It's like you read my mind. I am so honored to receive this coveted nomination. I don't own a tiara, but I do keep a 1500-word acceptance speech on hand at all times for just this sort of occasion, which I will now recite tearfully to my cats. And then I'll go post my nominations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, and thanks, MOV. I always pop over here when I need a hearty giggle. No pity involved. I'm looking forward to checking out the bloggers who make you smile.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori E., thanks for the kind words! Love reader feedback, esp. when it is positive!

    Haley, looking forward to the 1500-word acceptance speech. (Did the cats cry?)

    Kay, thanks for clarification. :)

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, what a distinction! I am blushing to the bottom of my recently retouched roots. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kelly, a kindred bloggy-mommy spirit. Why do you not live next-door to me, I have the feeling we would be fast friends (and by "fast" I mean fast-food because I have an addiction to chocolate oreo milkshakes-- yum).

    thanks for checking out my blog, hope it makes you giggle.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like chocolate oreo milkshakes. And a couple of the houses around here are for sale.
    Motaki (call me Taki, everyone does that)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blog awards are better than being prom queen! (not that I'd know). So glad you gave a thumbs up to Daddy Scratches, who used to be my old neighbor! One of the best dad bloggers. Can't wait to hop over to the other people on the list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmygosh, Meg, your blog is super-funny! wowza. a new one to put on my must-read list!

    best,
    MOV
    (alas, I was never prom queen either.....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. taki, will make you a special milkshake with extra chocolate. :) and I only want the house if it comes with an ocean view!!!!!!!!!!!

    best,
    MOVee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you and let you know that I would eventually get to doing my winning story in which I acknowledge this prestigious prize, but, I'm a jerk and things take me a while. =D

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)