- Who: alleged perpetrator—my 4-year-old son Short
- What: talking back, kicking, not cooperating, yelling, slamming toys around
- Where: his bedroom
- When: yesterday evening, approximately 7:20 PM while he was supposed to be getting ready for bed
- How: the victim (Short’s father) was repeatedly kicked in the shins (evidence is exhibit A: large bruise)
- Why: because that’s what preschoolers do
Result: crying, tantrum, and meltdown ensued. The panel stayed firm in their irrevocable decision. Notable quote: Panel members labeled "dum-dum poopy-heads" by the convicted, which is the equivalent of being cussed out by a 4-year-old.
Update: this morning, the convicted child remembered the incident and the resultant punishment. We got to re-live the tantrum all over again (fortunately, a condensed version). The Husband and I cringed as if bracing for a storm, and we somehow got through it intact.
Final Conclusion: This parenting stuff is not easy.
("Mommy Of Villain?")