MOVarazzi

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

64. Eavesdropping

So I am driving Tall and his pal, both age 6, to summer camp. Their conversation in the car goes something like this:

Pal: Tall, have you ever gone skydiving?

Tall: (without hesitation) Yes.

Me: (??)

Pal: So have I.

Tall: When?

Pal: A long time ago. I was five.

Tall: Did you like it?

Pal: Well, the thing is, my parachute did not open and that is why I have this scar on my eye (pointing to non-existent scar). But now it's healed up. I jumped out of a helicopter.

Tall: (nonchalant) That's cool.


 MOV

2 comments:

  1. As the mother of said pal, I cannot keep my mouth shut. First of all: [GUFFAW!] Secondly, I decided to ask the pal myself whether he had ever gone skydiving. He's sticking to his story and has even added a very elaborate part about jumping from a helicopter into a lake. What a fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake was also mentioned to me! I knew I was forgetting a key ingredient to the story. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)