MOVarazzi

Thursday, April 11, 2013

934. J Is for Just Inappropriate

Meet my friend Mary. 

You know that really cool girl in high school, the one that got an “A” on every test, dated the captain of the football team, had the best wardrobe, perfect hair, and everyone loved her? 
You remember her?  That was not Mary.   

Recall instead your best friend who sat next to you in Calculus class, and the two of you passed notes back and forth making fun of Miss Perfect and you both marveled at how her hair accessories were perfectly color-coordinated every day to match her flawless nail polish while your pal Mary somehow had trouble wearing two socks that matched.             
Yeah, that’s Mary.  The best friend you giggled with.  The super-funny one who would forget to study for the quiz on Friday, just like you.   

Mary writes a blog now, and I have no idea why she is not ultra-famous, like Madonna or Marie Curie or Margaret Thatcher.      
Mary may not be ultra-famous (yet), but she is funny and endearing.  She is the only one I know who could mess up ordering waffles.      

Go read her blog, Just Inappropriate.  You’ll be glad you did.  (And tell her MOV sent you.)    
MOV

18 comments:

  1. I was friends with a "Mary"-type in school. Hell, I could have been "Mary". I will go check her out!
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dani! you will love her.

      Delete
  2. I, too, had a friend "Mary" in high school. While "those girls" were laughing and twirling their hair before class, "Mary" and I would be laughing, brushing our hair and trying to change into our school uniform discretely in the hallway. I really feel bad for people who match. It means they *actually* had to wake up early and think that early to coordinate these things. I know their mothers don't lay their clothes out the night before for them...
    So nice of you to use your "J" to advertise a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mary types makes the best people. I think I may be one. I know my friends sure are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet the new Madonna!

    I think I was Mary in high school. My socks don't always match now....

    I have a friend of a friend that matches her underwear to her outfit everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that must be exhausting........ I don't think I could handle all the additional laundry.

      Delete
  5. All these new followers and commenters make me happier than weekday sex and/or snowcones!

    Thanks for the shoutout, you little Princess.

    When I was reading the first paragraph I was thinking, ummmm she doesn't read my blog at all. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happier than snowcones?????????? wow, you are VERY happy!

      Delete
  6. We all love those friends. I'll go check out the blog. Happy A to Z! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy a to z, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I hope this lures her to come back! I haven't seen her post in awhile (unless blogger is messing with me again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could read Mary's words every day.........

      Delete
  8. I love me some Mary! In Mary's defense, though, she was MAKING the waffles. Nonetheless, a major batter explosion is probably not what usually happens when people make waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so WHY should a customer have to make their own waffles at a RESTAURANT? I mean, seriously. Is this some sort of "make it yourself" scam perpetuated by Ikea?

      Delete
  9. Everyone needs a Mary in their life. Thanks for another good blog tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)