MOVarazzi

Thursday, April 4, 2013

928. D Is for Dear Diary

Wednesday

Dear Diary,
Today is the day I started my new diet!  I am not depressed about it at all.  I am actually excited because I plan to eat really healthy foods.  For example, for breakfast I had: 

  • fresh-squeezed orange juice
  • strawberry yogurt
  • scrambled eggs
  • half of a piece of toast

With this diet, I can really eat whatever I want, as long as it is healthy and I don’t eat too much of it.  For lunch I ate:  

  • grilled chicken
  • avocado
  • grapes
  • glass of non-fat milk

This is so easy!  I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner.  I am not even hungry in between meals, and if I am I can just grab a handful of almonds. 

For dinner, everyone ate a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs and lots of garlic bread, but I was totally fine with my salad.  Really!  And I didn’t even miss having a glass of wine because I had a nice tall glass of water instead.  Yum. 
 
“Hey, everyone, who’s up for ice-cream?  Let’s go to Baskin-Robbins and get triple sundaes!” 

I can’t believe The Husband just said that when he knows I am on a new diet.  Talk about sabotage.  But that’s okay, they can go without me, it’s not like I have to eat ice-cream, delicious Mint-Chip or Jamoca Almond Fudge or Rocky Road …

 
Thursday
Dear Diary,

Today is the day I started my new diet!
MOV

30 comments:

  1. Your lunch sounds delicious. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but the dessert was even better.......... (*rips out page in diet diary to start over*)

      Delete
  2. You truly have this uncanny way of knowing exactly what is happening in my life. What is up with that?! (I've lost almost 6 pounds so far. I have a lot more to go, but at least it's a start.) If only the Easter candy would disappear. Oh yeah, and the Girl Scout cookies. Let's not talk about ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats on the diet so far! good luck winning, er, losing!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like me. I've made it two days eating healthy so far this week. I wish I could promise seven....or even three for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really does have to be day by day or it is too depressing..........

      Delete
  4. Sounds delish! I love avocados, but they are quite expensive [here].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are. which is why I steal them from my neighbor's yard (kidding!).

      Delete
  5. Lol! Hilarious :D

    My sister goes on a GM diet sometimes and I make it a point to eat all fatty, delicious stuff in front of her :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You clearly forgot the banana peppers in the salad. Banana peppers solve everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew something was missing! er, what are banana peppers again?

      Delete
  7. Oh the siren call of Baskin Robins. Many a dieter has been tempted by the seductive call of 31 flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There must be a way to make wine a diet drink at dinner time! Or make it a dessert? Wine sorbet or slushie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I will add both to my menu......

      Delete
  9. Rocky Road ice cream is kind of like a healthy fruit, right? It is in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then I need your book. your book is my new gospel.

      Delete
  10. '...I can really eat whatever I want, as long as it is healthy and I don’t eat too much of it...'

    Oh man. It's always the caveats that get you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would understand this post was tongue in cheek (or chocolate stuck in back of teeth.....)

      Delete
  11. Oh man do I relate! Heck, I watch the Biggest Loser with my pals, Ben and Jerry. They are great company and never tell me it's time to get on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I was preggie, I joked that I was having twins and planning to name them Ben and Jerry......

      Delete
  12. How nice to "celebrate" your diet...thoughtful guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is thoughtful like that.........

      Delete
  13. Your husband is mean! However, when on a diet, I do think you should treat yourself once a week to something like icecream. I'm sure you look perfect as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you are sweet. my cartoon picture of me on this blog looks perfect, but then she does not eat chocolate ice-cream at midnight next to the freezer...

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)