MOVarazzi

Monday, March 18, 2013

920. Big News: MOV Wrote a New Children's Book!

I have been waiting to tell you about my latest project until it is a done deal, and now it is.  I am very proud to announce that I have collaborated with fellow blogger extraordinaire, Haley Wolfe (of Haley’s Comic), to produce our first children’s book.  The book is called Herman the Cat Goes to Outerspace and it is available on Amazon.  (Click here for LINK to purchase or just look at it.)  

I came up with the story of Herman years ago, before I even had kids.  Last summer, I contacted Haley to see if she would be interested in illustrating it.  She said yes, and the rest is history.  I should let you know that Haley also wrote the last several pages of the book, too. 
A brief synopsis: 
Destined to become a classic, like Good Night Moon, Madeline, or anything else by Shakespeare, this is the story of Herman, an unlikely hero who overcomes obstacles to build his own spaceship to travel to outerspace.  The plot focuses on hard work, perseverance, and friendship. Newcomer graphic artist, Haley Wolfe, impresses with her outstanding retro-fun illustrations with fabulous details.  Any child, ages 3-10, will love this book.  


Giraffe with a sweater = awesomeness


The book sells for $10.99.  It is a glossy cover, paperback, full-color, 32-page book.  Today Amazon is offering the book at a promotional rate of $7.01.  The sale could end soon, so buy your copy now.  At that price, buy a few for gifts, or maybe 50 for all the children you know or might meet someday.   
Thank you to all of my loyal readers for your support and encouragement in all my writing endeavors.  Your positive words and comments really inspire me and keep me going.  One last thing:  please tell your friends about this book!  You can email them the link to my blog, or announce it to the world via Facebook. 
THANK YOU!!!!  

xxo
MOV
p.s. You can search for the book later under my real name, Julie R. Harrison, or under Haley Wolfe, or you can simply enter the first words in the title--
Herman the cat goes

22 comments:

  1. I hope you love Herman and buy the awesome new children's book. Please take a moment to write a positive review on Amazon for "Herman the Cat Goes to Outerspace". THANKS!!! --Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you your first comment??? Congrats! I'll be keeping it in mind this Christmas, as I do not have any immediate need for picture books. Although I hope there's a good bit in there that explains why a cat agreed to be rocketed into space. No doubt because it just thought the ship would be a great place to sleep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tony! I am the first comment because I realized that on facebook (which I recently joined) the first comment is visible instead of the first part of the blog post (not sure why that is). Just wanted to say the name of the book. As for Herman, he is not your typical sleepy cat.......

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting! I think I might have to do a review on my blog. My daughter loves cats and spaceships and giraffes with sweaters on. Adorable! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lillian! and because of you, I added a caption to the picture above. :)

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  4. You know, I'm just going to change your name to Superwoman! Congratulations! I'm going to go check it out right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, couse! thank you for your wonderful support, it means the world to me.

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
    2. Update: I just ordered a copy for the boys' Easter basket! Looking forward to reading and enjoying your latest work.

      Delete
    3. Yay! Thanks!!!! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  5. AWESOME!! CONGRATS!! Do you even sleep???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley did all the work. I wrote some words.

      Delete
  6. Wow MOV, was this just serendipity, or is "http://astronautabby.com" Harrison related to you or your new book? She made the 5:00 pm local news tonight in MN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total serendipity. But when I first glanced at your link, I thought it said "astronaut TABBY" and of course Herman is a tabby cat. Ha! Maybe Abby can take a copy of my book with her in outerspace to hold up for the news crews. Or Martians.

      Delete
  7. Yay! Congratulations! I've always wanted to write a kid's book. I always smile thinking about the ones I read when I was wee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash-Matic! This has been a long time coming, so it is actually somewhat of a relief that the book is finally done. I am hoping it will be the next "Good Night Moon."

      Delete
  8. I already knew you were an incredible writer, and a big-people book author, but children's book, too? AND you have a REAL NAME? This is just too much.

    Huge congrats to you - the book looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats MOV! This sounds like something both my kids would love. Off to ask my wife for my amazon prime password.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know that I've written a children's book and my sister illustrated it. We need to get to work on publishing it.

    The book looks awesome! I'm going to buy copies for my niece and nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome you and your superfantastic bloggy buddies! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MOV,
    Another local news channel has picked up on the Astronaut Tabby story: http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1017265/14/Mpls-teen-Astronaut-Abby--invited-to-space-launch-overseas
    You need to get your Marketing Department to work on this. Synchronicity on Serendipity!!! Maybe a rendezvous on Romulus? Capitalize on Coincidence!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)