MOVarazzi

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

894. A Duck Walks into a Deli ...

“Do you have any grapes?” said the Duck to the Deli Owner. 

“Grapes?  No, I don’t have any grapes,” the Deli Owner replied impatiently.  “This is a deli.  I have sandwiches, chips, that sorta thing.” 
The Duck left. 

The next day, the Duck returned.  “Do you have any grapes?”
“Hey!  You were in here yesterday.”  The Deli Owner looked frantically at the line of 20 customers behind the Duck.  “I told you then, and I will tell you again:  No!  No grapes!  Now, get outta here.” 

The Duck left. 
A week went by, and the Duck came back.  “Do you have any grapes?” 

If the Deli Owner was mad before, now he was furious.  “Duck!  I do not wanna see your little duck-billed face in my deli!  I told you once, I told you a thousand times, I have no grapes!  Now, I’m warning you:  if you come back in here ever again, I am gonna take a hammer, and I am gonna nail those little webbed feet into the ground.  GET OUT!” 
The other people in line watched the Duck leave. 

A month went by.  The Duck walked into the deli. 
“Do you have any … nails?” 

“Nails?” asked the Deli Owner, surprised.  “Did you say nails?  What do I look like, a hardware store?  No, no nails!” 
“Good,” said Duck, “do you have any grapes?” 

MOV
P.S. It’s an old joke that I heard when I was a flight attendant.  I like this joke because you can tell it to any age group.
 

26 comments:

  1. 4 & 34 year old approved at our house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those are my demographics.......

      Delete
  2. Muncher of Veggies, at least you didn't say banana...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel confident that joke will get a work out at our house! Silly duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised I haven't seen this one at fishducky's blog. You DO know fishducky, don't you? If you don't, I'll attempt an introduction.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute. There is a cute child's song that is a takeoff of this. On You Tube there is a one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q or you can just type in Duck Song OR Duck at Lemonade Stand.

    Some are cute and kid rated,,,others have had sickos insert non kid rated words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute; this is one even I can remember to tell:)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this joke and always have. Haven't thought about it in years. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the funniest part about the joke is that I didn't see the punchline coming. Like the knock knock joke...orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? the punchline is kinda out of the blue.

      Delete
  9. This made me giggle.

    But now I have this crazy urge to watch a duck eat grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have you know, in the time between writing my original comment and this reply, I actually did watch videos of ducks eating grapes and then wrote a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Embarrassing moment of the day: I had to read it twice before I got it. I suck at jokes.

    (Once I got it, I laugh-groaned, so there's that! My 4-year-old niece's favourite joke: How do you make a tissue dance? Put a little boogie in it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I had to re-tell it twice to my family before I got the punchline right!

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)