MOVarazzi

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

893. The Referral

Every day, I try to dream up funny stories to share with you on my blog.  Many of them are true (or have a core nucleus of truth), some of them are embellished, and a few of them are flat-out lies (I do not have a kayak in my kitchen).  But today, I just wasn't inspired to write anything new. 

Instead, I refer you to the BRILLIANT and hilarious Haley.  Ohmygosh, her illustrated blog post today made me laugh so hard!!!  (And it takes a lot to make me laugh, I am very jaded.)  Do you like the blog "Hyperbole and a Half"?  Haley is in that league.  And she posts more frequently.  She is pretty much the rock star of illustrated bloggers.  And (as of yet), still undiscovered!  Get this girl some exposure, people!  She is awesome.  Put her on your Facebook page.  Recommend her on Google Plus (if you know how to do that because I sure don't).  
 
So click over to Haley’s blog, here is the link:  “The Sleepover.” 

You’re welcome.

MOV

16 comments:

  1. That was funny!! Maybe that's why I wasn't fond of sleepovers when my kids were young; I was afraid of such a thing happening!

    (Review is up and running on my blog :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sleepovers were always a big deal, and I remember being worried that no one would show up!

      And thank you for the awesome review of my book on your blog-- I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. Really??? You lied about the canoe/kayak? I am sadly disappointed...You know I am 100 percent honest over at my blog. I currently am sporting a Hazmat suit with my imaginary friend.

    (Let's hope that lying isn't a "real" sin...you and I might be having a tea party in a place that we never run out of boiling water.

    Someone needs to explain Google+ to me. If you find out what that does for a blog let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOOOh, a Hazmat suit! I totally want one! It might come in handy when cleaning out the garage. And does your imaginary friend help clean? Send her over.

      Delete
  3. Haley is one of my favorites and may be one of a few people on the planet I don't accidentally offend on a regular basis! Nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Montagues of Volcanoes, I've become a loyal reader of Haley's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! (and I am forced to admit, you made me google Montagues....)

      Delete
  5. I'm disappointed about the kayak too. ;) You are a very convincing story teller! (Ok, I'll be honest, you had me so convinced I googled the REI cleaning policy to see if there was any chance that you were telling the truth cuz it was so believable lol)

    Thanks for linking Haley's blog...I miss Hyperbole and a Half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just glad you didn't go IN to REI and demand they apply that "cleaning policy" to your purchase......

      Delete
  6. I read The Sleepover yesterday. It was adorable. I'll try to get her more attention. Now I just wish I could get some . . . attention. I meant attention, of course.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOV, I wish I could hug you through my computer. (But in a totally non-creepy way.) Like pretty much every blogger ever, I have often fantasized about the day my name would be mentioned in the same sentence as "Hyperbole and a Half." If I had any disposable income whatsoever I would hire you as my full-time publicist immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her stuff so much. She knows when to use words and when to use pictures. And the pictures are always cute and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)