MOVarazzi

Saturday, September 29, 2012

853. Gym Rat

I have been working out a lot lately.  And by a lot, I mean every day.  I started this new regime yesterday, and I can already tell a difference. 

For one thing, I am hungrier because I am burning a lot more calories than when I do my normal activities, like watch TV.  My new work-out includes riding the exercise bike, lifting weights, and doing floor exercises such as sit-ups.  I have calculated that I am burning approximately 400 calories.  This means I can eat something I want to later. 
Like ice-cream.  I mean, everyone knows that dairy is one of the four essential food groups (the others being whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and chocolate), so it is imperative that I eat some dairy. 

I get out a bowl.  I get out the pint of ice-cream.  I get out the ice-cream scooper.  And that is when it dawns on me:  my biceps!  My biceps are now so strong that scooping out frozen ice-cream is much easier than it used to be.  I scoop out twice as much twice as fast. 
I love exercise. 

MOV

10 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Excersize rocks. I have found that not only does excercize make it easier for me to scoop ice cream, it also makes it easier to leave in the freezer. A gallon now lasts us a whole week. Wow. It used to only last a day.

    Baby steps dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me! I'm going to start my own exercise regime. But in the interest of efficiency I'm going to skip straight to the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like-minded. I also like to use it as an excuse to have more wine. My biceps own the cork screw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work out a lot but I can't say I like exercise... Not even if it allows for a scoop of ice cream. I have a personal trainer that guilts me into staying on track and I have mentioned to her that I consider her evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow MOV, since yesterday..keep going strong! I always figure since I was going to eat the ice cream eventually anyway (after trying SEVERAL allegedly healthy calorie and taste free items)it is just a bonus if I burned a few calories somewhere along the line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...I scoop out twice as much twice as fast."

    LOL!

    I can't keep ice cream in my house. It's an endangered species due to excessive poaching. D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work, MOV, you're a natural! I too try to get my 5 (chocolate bars) a day. All in the name of good health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok now I want ice cream & to re-think exercising woohoo thank U!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twice as much twice as fast. If that's not incentive to work out, I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, are you eating chocolate ice cream in order to obtain two of the main food groups in one bowl? I like your plan.

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)