MOVarazzi

Thursday, April 26, 2012

755. Are You Breaking Up With Me?

It all started with a dare.  “I dare you to do the A to Z Challenge and write every single day for every single letter!  I’ll bet you can’t do it!”  Queen Virgo smirked at her reflection in the computer monitor (still turned off) and replied, “Watch me.” 

With a flick of the switch, she turned on the computer and navigated to the site.  A few keystrokes, a few mouse clicks, and few tequila shots later, she had committed.  There was no going back. 

Queen Virgo decided to write a few* posts ahead of time in case things got hectic and she felt herself in a time crunch (*few = 26).  But then, being the perfectionista that she is, she decided she hated everything she’d ever written, and so she resorted to using fresh material.
Twenty-six days ensued, and like that line at the IKEA return counter (where you have to get a number from the number-giving machine) that you think will never end and they will never call you and you will end up not able to go home to your family for fear of them calling your number right when you step away to make a quick phone call (to the returns department of IKEA) or to use the ladies’ room to check your shiny red lipstick which is mostly worn off from pouting, right then when you are gone, that is when you know they will call your number and so as a precautionary measure you end up getting a job in the IKEA café just because you are still waiting for them to call your number, and that is when you hear them call—

“Number 26, please?  Number 26 is up!” 
Just like that, the alphabet is all over. 

You have to admit:  you saw it coming.  Queen Virgo tried to warn you, what with going methodically in order and all.  She even went so far as to set you up on blind dates with other blogs (Clay BaboonsCrack You Whip, Good Youngman Brown) to let you down easy.
Queen Virgo is tired.  She needs to hop in a taxi and get away for a day or two.  Please understand. 


MOV   

22 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to worry about taking a break for a few days...I imagine many of us A to Z-ers out here will be doing the very exact same thing!!

    Congratulations of finishing it and making it through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,

      Thank you!!!!!!!

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. daxkitten,

      Yes. "A" glass of wine........

      bwahahahahahahahahaha

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  3. Do it backwards now!

    Congrats, though! I think you are the first one to complete it. Besides me, of course, who completed it in one day.

    And thanks again for the shout-out. You are getting one from me tomorrow, although you will have to take my word that I wrote it two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youngman Brown,

      Are you insane? Backwards???? I'll bet if you were in the Marines, you would be that really mean drill seargent who would make everyone run another 5 miles after they finished the first 10! Ha!

      And you deserve all the shout-outs because you are a fine fine writer. (And that fine fine was a typo. Should been three fines.)

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  4. First, I'd have to get rid of the flab...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kbbuddingwriter,

      Exactly what the laughter is for!

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  5. It's going to be lonely at the Ikea counter, holding onto that wilted ticket...":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray (can I call you Ray?),

      I have the Number 1 ticket. I might frame it.

      best,
      MOV
      ps--luckily, IKEA sells frames......

      Delete
  6. How did you finish three blog days ahead? Congrats on making it through. I've got two more to compose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara,

      Thank you! I guess I finished early because I cannot read instructions. I did not know that we had Sundays off. Yep, I was the kids who showed up to school an hour early the day after day light savings time......

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You did it! It was really fun reading all the terrific posts. Now, you deserve some chocolate! (Don't bother with the Ziploc, just eat the whole thing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Couse,

      Thank you! Ziploc, what Ziploc?

      And did you notice my new "I survived" badge? I made it myself. :)

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  8. Yours was one of my favorites, although I'm having trouble masking my chagrin that you're already done.

    Come Sunday, I'm having a bottle of wine and a sacrificial burning of my laptop in celebration. After a nap, of course.

    Well done, MOV!!! Finding amazing blogs like yours is one of the best things about the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne,

      I think you know we are part of the Mutual Admiration Society. I am loving your blog, and especially all the words you make up. Genius!!!!

      best,
      MOV
      ps-- now that the challenge is over, I have more time to read!

      Delete
  9. Yep, the party is almost over. Sad, but good, in that 'high school is over, off to college' kind of way. I think all the A-z bloggers will take a long nap. I wish I could take my eyeballs out and wash off the sandpaper. What a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mare Ball,

      Now you are making me nostalgic.......

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  10. Congrats on getting done before the rest of us! I can't believe how fast this month has flown by and that I haven't missed a single letter...so far xD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith,

      Thank you! And congrats to you as well. :)

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  11. It was kind of you to finish early, while we would still have other bloggers' x, y z to hold us and keep us warm. Congrats MOV!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! You rock!

      best,
      MOV

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)