MOVarazzi

Monday, April 23, 2012

751. Word Cut Starts With "W"

I’ve been cheating on you.  There, I admit it.  I can’t believe you didn’t know.  All the signs were there:  shorter and shorter posts, I was beginning to repeat myself, I was beginning to repeat myself, sloppy editting, plus the fact that I hadn’t answered any of the myriad new comments in about four weeks. 


I’m sorry.  The rumors are true.  I have not been faithful to my blog.  I started another blog, and I am now regretting that I never told you. 

It started out innocently enough on my other blog:  some flash fiction, a few writing challenges, a place to let my imagination run.  One thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was donning a poorly-made brunette wig and sneaking out in the middle of the night wearing nothing but a trench coat and cheap perfume to sign up for the A to Z Challenge on both blogs. 


That’s right, two blogs, two challenges, two seconds of weakness when I clicked the mouse that said, “submit.”  Twice.    
The mothersofbrothersblog thing would be easy for me:  I could chat about life like I always did.  I struggled with what I was going to write for my other blog.  Then it came to me like a lightening bolt riding on a cheetah’s back racing another cheetah in the animal Olympics:  travel.


I was a flight attendant for a decade:  I could do this! 


I could write about places I visited!  This would not only be a piece of cake, this would be a piece of chocolate layer cake with M&M frosting.

    

It has actually been more like mowing a lawn of six foot tall weeds with a broken hair clippers and no extension cord. 



Writing one blog is hard; creating two original posts daily is next to impossible.  I am exhausted. 



But I’m still writing, have not missed a day, and, like a very long tunnel where you forgot to bring coins to pay the toll booth, the end is finally in sight. 



Why am I telling you all this?  I just thought if you like my writing style, you might really enjoy getting to know another side of me:  the pre-kid traveler girl that I was. 




MOV

30 comments:

  1. hahaha 'no diapers' hehe 'new shoes' hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you read the captions, that is my favorite part.

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  2. Been there...done that...love it!! And here too! I commend you for your double blogging commitment! It is way more than I could ever do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It won't be easy that's for sure but the key is to have a plan for your posts and stick to them. Nothing wrong with keeping posts short, sometimes your readers only have a few minutes to read them.
    Perhaps plan to only post on 2nd blog 3 days a week instead of 5. Have a Wordless Wednesday, or a Silent Sunday post.
    Besides my fan site on Blogger I also run one on FaceBook. I won't lie it is very time consuming. FaceBook is so much more social and instant, fans expect you to be there at certain times of the day to chat.
    Good luck to you, I wish you ever success.

    Stopping in via the A-Z blogging challenge.

    Bev @ Blue Velvet Vincent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, good points, bev. I think after the challenge, I will stay focused on mothersofbrothersblog and taper way back on Word Cut. But I was hoping you guys might be entertained reading some of my Word Cut archives with the travel theme.

      Delete
  4. Oh, haha. Great post! First time visitor, instant follower. On both blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! welcome, RaeLynn, to my blog(s).

      Delete
  5. I forgive you. ;-) Really, it's just more great stuff for us to read...yay us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you always were the forgiving type, couse.........

      Delete
  6. I feel like my world has been turned upside-down. *checks other blog*

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! that is the australia post!

      Delete
  7. YOU are so funny! Great post. Gotta check that other blog, I'm guessing my face will crack the rest of the way laughing my head off. ":))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

      (*blushing from nice compliments*)

      Delete
  8. This post could have been so simple, but you made it brilliant. The photos are perfect. Looking forward to visiting the pre-mama-travel-blog-extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! nice thing to say. :)

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  9. I am the President of your fan club so I already was in "the know" on this and been enjoying both. By the way, you need to pay your club dues...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. club dues? is that, like, an embezzlement scam, tracie???

      (ha!)

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  10. I can't imagine handling two blogs. You are a crazy woman. I'm dragging too. It's 2 p.m. and I'm back in pjs, ready for bed. There are too many letters in the alphabet, that's what I've decided. We should knock out Q and X, since nobody can come up anything original to write about them anyway. Six more days to freedom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! what is up with "X"? how about I get to write "R" twice instead? that seems fair.......

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad you commented on my post today; otherwise, I may never have found your blog(s)!

    Okay, now I'm off to follow your other blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had a lot of Internet troubles so have been out of the loop a bit. Quite a surprise to find that you have another blog going... and I didn't even finish the A-Z Challenge on my one blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No worries! As long as you write something somewhere, I'll be sure to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just came here, and I F****** LOVE THIS BLOG! I like your sense of humour!

    Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! I think we're all starting to wilt! Only one week to go. And I will TOTALLY check out your other blog...in May. As it is, I have barely enough time to read the blogs I already love and I end up bingeing to catch up on posts on my very favourite blogs - like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. doing two A to Zs as well
    and yes it is work
    the writing not
    the commenting yes

    happy day after A to Zzzzzzzz

    oh am at Ladys Knight if you have time to pop over

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello MOV

    Just found your blog's today. You visited me over a week ago and you naughty girl ended up in my spam folder.
    I must check it more often, I suppose and finding the whole blogging thing busy.

    Totally love your sense of humuour and your writing. This a to z challenge has been so great on many fronts.

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)