MOVarazzi

Friday, April 20, 2012

748. Tolerance Starts With "T"

I’d like to talk about a topic near and dear to my heart:  tolerance.  It is very important in today’s society to try your best to tolerate everybody.  Sure, you might want to punch that neighbor in the face, the one that blocked your driveway with their oversized truck or stole your Car and Driver magazine (for the second month in a row), but you don’t.  Instead, you practice tolerance.

I myself am a very tolerant person.  When people cut in front of me in line at Starbucks, I almost never intentionally sneeze on them.  When a waitress spills coffee all over my new linen skirt, I don’t “forget” to leave her a tip (a dollar is still a good tip no matter what anybody says).  The point is:  give people the benefit of the doubt. 

Another thing I am extremely tolerant of is religion.  I really don’t care what religion someone is as long as they don’t try to convert me to it.  If they happen to be my exact same religion, I still might choose not to discuss it, and I practice my tolerance by putting on headphones and ignoring them when they ask why have not been to church in the past six years.  Okay seven.  (I'm talking to you, Aunt Doris!)  
So, to wrap up here, I just want to say:  be tolerant.  It makes you a better person, and an easier one for me to be around. 

**Feel free to leave a comment about this!  Comments are welcomed and encouraged, and absolutely will NOT be deleted unless they disagree with me.  In that case, they will be deleted immediately if not sooner. 
MOV   

20 comments:

  1. When people stiff me when I am dealing them hands of poker, I am definitely tolerant. So what if they just won five-thousand dollars in a single hand. I totally understand that throwing me a dollar or two would totally take away from that win.

    And I definitely don't secretly wish for them to lose every other pot from that point on.

    That would be intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! they should tip you $1000 because there is NO WAY they would've won without you dealing them the hand. why should they get all the fanfare and cashola???

      best,
      MOV
      ps--read your blog post today, HILARIOUS. I want to be you.

      Delete
  2. Tolerance has it's place...but I draw the line at line cutting! There is just no way I will tolerate that! At all. Except in an emergency. When I'm the one having the emergency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! perfect! I am kinda wishing I had said that in the post.......... hmmmmm, maybe I will add it and say it was my idea. Would you tolerate that??

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
    2. I might tolerate idea thieving IF you ask politely. I am all about being polite. I mean it just makes sense.

      Delete
    3. I agree line cutting wrecks my day and all who are standing with me!! My husband even does the under his breath "please don't cut in line here please she is going to go off don't do it, DAMN now you've done it"

      Delete
  3. I love how you don't intentionally sneeze on people. That leaves unintentionally wide open. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see? you might be my soul mate. especially with a name like Nagzilla. yes.

      best,
      MOV

      Delete
  4. When people do intolerable things around me I start singing "God Bless America" and it makes others laugh. Sounds weird, I know, but I don't fake a sneeze very well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm generally so good at being oblivious, that I probably seem like a very tolerant person.
    The exception is cops - if you pull me over, you're going to get yelled at. Sorry. It wrecks my day. (only ever gotten one ticket, btw, and that was when I didn't yell)
    And people who bring up religion/politics in a "Don't you agree" kind of way. If you ask, you're going to hear EXACTLY what I think, so don't be shocked/offended. Otherwise, I'm perfectly polite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so tolerant I can tolerate other's intolerance. Then again, maybe I'm just good at starting blankly at people and nodding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just thankful that people tolerate me. I try not to be much, but...

    And Tracie starts with a "T" too!

    And so does "too"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only tolerate so much before I need to be tolerated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. I feel like I'm on an inevitable tolerance-decline: a few years ago, zen-like, I thought I had decades before I turned into my mother (taking irrational intolerance of inconvenience to new heights with every passing day). Now I feel like I have three months, tops, before I too am shouting at supermarket management for changing the store layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is really very little tolerance today. Just drive in south Florida sometime and you'll see what I mean. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh I'm almost as tolerant as you are and about as spontaneous too! Thanks for stopping by to visit today. I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you all alphabetical and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the visit. It gave me a great opportunity to visit you as well. I'll have to agree with the voices in your head, you are pretty dang funny. Look forward to reading more

    Betsy
    http://mormonmommywriters.blogspot.com
    http://finishedbeingfat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog, I do love a good laugh and your blog gave me one. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL love it! My philosophy exactly!

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)