MOVarazzi

Monday, April 2, 2012

730. Big Foot Actually Starts With "B"


Well, this is what I get for not planning.  Virgos normally plan-plan-plan, and I had planned my A to Z writing challenge so well that I had actually pre-written 10 of my essays!  I know!  I was ahead of the game! 

Not so fast.  I ended up using my "B" essay (something or other about my sons practicing Basketball and it teaching me important life lessons) early. 

Now here it was 6 AM on the B day, and I had nothing for the letter "B." 

In a fit of stupidity, I had officially signed up for the A to Z Challenge twice, once through my mothersofbrothersblog and once through my splinter site, Word Cut, where I normally did writing contests and challenges.  The first one would be about life and mommy stuff, and I had decided in advance that the Word Cut  one would be 100% related to travel (for the A to Z month). 

Sure, write two essays every day for a month, why not?  (See above:  fit of stupidity.)  I rationalized to myself that I typically post once a day anyway, so that was not much of a challenge.  Twice a day, now that would stretch my brain muscles! 

I stared at my blank computer screen, attempting to summon the Muse.  Muse, where are you?  I need you now! 

Then I started blurting out "B" words:  butter, bacon, beans, bakery, bagel, bread.  Apparently, I was hungry at 6 AM. 

I finally settled on Braces and composed what I thought was a perfectly good essay. 

Until. 

Until I happened to click on over the Stephanie's blog, Clay Baboons.  She has a funny essay about her fear of alien abduction (obviously this is her post for letter "A").  In my head I was laughing at Stephanie.  Don't get me wrong, her writing and clay figures, as usual, were stellar.  I was making fun of the fact that anybody in their right mind could possibly be afraid of aliens.  I mean, really.  There are no such things as aliens! 

Now, Big Foot.  That is another topic all together.  We should all fear Big Foot. 

And that's when I realized:  I shouldn't have written about Braces!  Who cares about straight teeth when Big Foot is on the prowl! 

I wrote Stephanie a brief precautionary note in her comment section, reassuring her that her fear of aliens was unfounded, but that she should DEFINITELY check under the bed at night for Big Foot.  I went on to let her know that he lived under my bed in Pennsylvania when I was eight, although I never saw him and had no sort of proof. 

So, all this is to say:  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry I forgot to write about Big Foot. 

MOV

22 comments:

  1. I'm actually afraid of both Aliens and Bigfoot. Can you imagine the holy heck I go through when I go camping? And what if there is an Alien Bigfoot?!?! Crap! I don't think I can ever leave the house again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice save lol... we're only on B but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Trying to think up something for tomorrow but my mind is a blank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, imagine the size of the fluff bunnies that a Bigfoot living under your bed would cause?! Holy fur balls Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I am having the exact same problem today, I have been wracking my brain for something to write about for the letter B and nothing has popped up yet. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much do I love the fact that you posted TWO B post, all the while talking about how hard it will be to blog every day. Ha! And you SHOULD apologize. You should have written about Big Foot ages ago...I feel like I've been living in a Big-Foot-free bubble of false security.

    (And also, I think you've already been abducted and brainwashed by the aliens...why else would you spout lies and garbage about them not existing? It's all part of their plan.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aliens? Pshaw. Big Foot? Now that IS scary. I'm a woman and I wear size 12, and I can't find shoes anywhere. See? Terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband actually happens to know a bit about big foot. We live in the northern part of Idaho, frequently called North Idaho, it's not it's own state but it should be. Anywho....we camp a lot and we know that Big Foot lives here because we have heard him. Next time you are in the woods, take a big stick and whack it on a tree 3 or 4 times. It makes a nice KAthunk sound. If you do this right before bed and you lay in your tent, you might here that sound again. It's not an echo, that is how big foot communicates. He's answering your friendly hello. If it gets closer over time. Run, he doesn't like being tricked and he will sic the hide-behinds on you. (for more information, come read my blog on the letter H day. My hubby will help me elaborate on hide-behinds they are more scary than Big Foot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, Brea. You're freaking me out.

      Delete
  8. I recently blogged on big foot AND I have braces (at 30), so the first picture sucked me in. Squatch and orthodontic treatment are both frightening, lame and are sexy to fat dudes night vision goggles. Fact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a lot Braver than I, to Be posting twice daily. My Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea you were with me on the 4/2012/AtoZ! WHOUPEDEEDOO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Argh, I know...and I should've posted about books!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, fun, fun. Love the wit and I hope my computer does not spontaneously combust...it's brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very funny and although there have NEVER been any sightings of Big Foot in North East Scotland, tonight I am taking no chances and will be checking under my bed before I go to sleep.

    Or I may just stay awake downstairs... ;-/

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very funny post! I joined the a to z last year and find it harder this year. Thanks for your comment on my blog
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha yep I also entered two blogs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks to all who wrote! and to my new readers from the A to Z Challenge, welcome!!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mov, you can always challenge Bigfoot to a tree-whacking contest, he'd like that. ":)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Believe it or not, but I do a research paper (and oral presentation) on Big Foot in college. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Blank" is also a "B" word and braces simply would have not sufficed this time. However, Big Foot, now there is something to talk about indeed!
    You are hilarious. More please.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)