MOVarazzi

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

708. Other People Are Funnier Than Me (And Have Better Grammar)

So I am new enough to blogging (almost two years) that I still get very, very, very excited if I have a new follower.  I jump up and down on the bed a few thousand times, then I do some back handsprings, then I crack open a bottle of Champagne.  (I am totally lying about the Champagne.  It's usually Pinot Grigio.)

Next, I click on the new followers little picture icon to see who they are.  (I want to make sure it is not that goofy guy I used to date the summer between my junior and senior years of college, because the restraining order says he has to leave me alone.)  If the follower has their own blog, all the better:  I click on it to see what type of material they write.

I literally do this every time I have a new follower.  I always follow my new followers back because they are my new friends and I am grateful and appreciative that they are here.  I will read their blog and usually it will make me smile.

Holy cow, this new one I found made me more than smile, she made me laugh until I woke the children up.  The name of her blog is "Defenestrated Feet," which, based on the name alone, I already am in love with.  I did not know what "defenestrated" meant, so I had to ask Google.  Google told me it means to "throw something out the window."  Is that the coolest word ever?  Who knew there was such a specific word for just that, a word that replaces five whole words?  I am going to weave my new word into conversation whenever possible.

Her blog is words and quirky illustrations.  It is awesome.  Totally right up my alley, the alley of things I love like chocolate and trips to Paris and receiving checks in the mail when you were not expecting it. 

Anyway, without further ado, here is the LINK to her site.  Just promise you will come back to me.   

MOV

26 comments:

  1. I so have the same reaction as you, although I turn to Cabernet... I hate that gfc stopped working on non-blogger blogs... ruined all my fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. poop. I thought you were talking about me. ;) I will check the feet out later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly talk about you when I am talking about house stalking. Everybody, go see Kirby's blog!!!! It is awesome!!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you looked up the word for us...new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't that a funny word?

      maybe I will write a whole post about words I make up. Like "chocovomit": throwing up when you eat too much chocolate, or "frugalitis": fear of people who do not spend money (like when you go out to dinner with a group and one particular person never ponies up their share), and speaking of ponies, how about "ponicide": wanting to kill the My Little Pony and all those pink plastic accoutrements when they are advertised on TV (really, toy makers? do we have to give in to these stereotypes??).

      Delete
  4. i knew that word, but only because it was in pulp fiction and a definition was given.
    i love getting new followers too. now i'm going to have to check out the flying feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I do not remember that line in Pulp Fiction, hmmm.

      Delete
  5. I just found her recently, too! There are so many fun blogs out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true! I could spend so much time just reading blogs, oh wait I guess I do.

      Delete
  6. I do the same thing when I get a new follower - glad to know I'm not the only one! :) I had a book giveaway a while ago and the next morning I woke up and had five new followers. My husband didn't know what to think of my behavior! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the jumping on the bed part or the drinking before 8AM part???

      Delete
  7. Mary, Fairy Godmother!March 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM

    I love words that don't look like real words and sound made up but really aren't. I just wish the words I make up were real words and then I would sound intelligent which would be a first for me. Ah, the life of a Fairy. Oh by the say, I have no blog so am I still cool enough to be a follower and make you drink pinto grigio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anyone can follow, blog or no blog! and welcome welcome welcome, Mary Fairy Godmother!

      Delete
  8. Mary, Fairy GodmotherMarch 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

    See? Pinto grigio? Really? She doesn't drink ponies Mary, Fairy.....oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally drink Pinto Grigio, it sounds very exotic.

      Delete
  9. I also started following her recently, and I agree that it is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, why don't you guys tell me these things? Here I thought I was being so hip and trendy and introducing you to something new, and now I feel like I am the last to know.

      (And didn't you discover Crack You Whip when she had like, 3 followers?)

      Delete
  10. WOW, thank you!!! You. Are. Amazing. My blog today is the busiest it has been, EVER. I think I might tear up! *sniff* :)

    P.S. I discovered your blog through the guest post you did over at Haley's Comic. Now THAT was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! you deserve the recognition!!! :)

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  11. Thanks. Very funny blog and you are very funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New followers are so exciting, and when they comment too..yeah! Get some chocolate to celebrate!

    Thanks for the fun link...and for saving me the trip to google!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Defenestrated - nope no spell check. In Pulp Fiction? I'll have to watch it again to check. Such a cool word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sounds like an illegal word, or at least illicit.

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)