MOVarazzi

Friday, March 9, 2012

703. No More Word Verification!

Hello, friends!  Because of my very talented cyber-pal Stephanie over at Clay Baboons, I am getting rid of the word verification feature for commenters.  Yay!  Now you don't have to squint and then call your husband in from the next room and then get your magnifying glass and then try to type it and do it wrong and then try again and then just say oh god forget it this is hopeless all I was going to say anyway was "I agree!"

Nope.  Now you can just leave your brilliant comments without having to do that extra step and I will read the comments later and if I feel like you might be spam (I'm talking to you "Truck Driving As A Career Dot Com") then you will be deleted.  Well, your comment will be deleted.  I don't really know how to delete actual people (although that would have come in handy this morning when that guy totally cut in front of me at Starbucks.  But I digress ...).

So, comment away!  Often and now!  And thank you, incredible Stephanie for the tutorial on how to get rid of word verification, and for saving the universe one blog at a time!

MOV
("Morally Opposing Verification")
p.s. Please vote for me again DAILY for the next week or so for Top 25 Funny Mom Blogs.  Thanks!     

20 comments:

  1. I got rid of it a couple of weeks ago on my site. I realized that if it bothered me then it was bothering other people just as much.

    Stephanie's post was great and I am glad she brought it up! I was thinking about doing one on captcha, but didn't know how to do one without involving knives and blood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just never knew that I was able to change that feature. SO glad she told us!!!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Together, we can make a difference! (It's our new slogan. I'm pretty sure no one else has ever used that one before.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no one has ever used that. I also like "Have it your way." Kinda catchy.

      Delete
  3. Happiness and joy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! easy to leave comments now!

      Delete
  4. Finally, I was going to stop coming back! Except you are too funny to ignore. But now we can say snarky things and get smart-alecky comments back! Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to think up a smart-alecky thing, but Stephanie has me thinking of famous ads now ("Where's the beef?", "A Diamond is Forever", "You deserve a break today"). gahhhh!!!

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo
    I never minded word verification until Google switched it... the new one makes me long for bifocals and I don't even need glasses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. I finally figured out how to eliminate the WV with help from a retired priest from the UK. But now, Trifecta will not accept my submission for this weekend's challenge. It's always something. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think computers are smarter than us!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It is such an easy thing to switch off too. I just never knew that I could control that. ha!

      Delete
  8. Oh thank God ! I love this blog and I LOVE leaving comments but captcha makes my eyes bleed.

    FYI I use comment verification - then the spammers get put in the spam bin (which eventually alerts blogger spam bots if enough people are doing it). And it also means that if someone comments on an older post I am aware of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Who needs sore eyes when they just want to comment?

      Delete
  9. Okay, okay, you've convinced me. I've just turned comment verification off on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)