MOVarazzi

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

699. You Know What's Cute?

I was just informed that I received The Cute Blog Award.

(You know what’s cute? Illustrations. Which is why I grouped my favorite previous blog posts that I illustrated and set them over there on the sidebar if you want to read them later. But I digress …)

I looked up “cute” in the online dictionary because I want to make sure I know what I am accepting (especially after I had received that last award that involved sending dolphins to people in Australia). Anyway, a quick Google search showed that “cute” means: pretty, clever, lovely, nice, smart, sweet. Wow! I think I might want to marry my own blog!

Like any marriage, this award comes with vows (called “rules”). The rules state you must:
  1. Link back to the person who gave you the award (thank you, J.R.!)
  2. Follow the person who gave you the award
  3. Proudly display your award on your blog
  4. List 5 of your favorite things
  5. Pass on to 5 favorite bloggers
So, the awesome person who gave me the award was J.R. at The Concoctions of My Life.  I am honored and touched that you would include me in your five favorite blogs!!!  Thank you so much!  (I am wearing my taffeta ball gown and rhinestone tiara as I type this, so I could get in the right celebratory awards-fest “mood.”)

Luckily, I already follow her.  She has not taken out a restraining order (that I know of). 

Being the extreme technophobe that I am, I have no idea how to display the blog award button. (Trust me when I say the award itself is indeed very cute—it has an owl on it.)

Ahh, list five of my favorite things! This I can do!

Five of MOV’s Top Favorite Things:
  1. The ocean. Any ocean. Pacific, Atlantis, Indiana, Arctic, and that other one.
  2. Chocolate. Any kind. Especially the chocolate kind.
  3. Wine. Any kind. Especially the drinkable kind.
  4. My sons. Oops, maybe I should have put them first.
  5. Writing.
Now I have to pass the award on to five fellow bloggers. Hmmmm. I am going to cop out on this part, because there are so many blogs out there that I love, it is hard to choose just five. So I will say this: if you write a blog and if you are reading this, I am sharing the award with YOU. Feel free to accept the award and pass it on to your top five favorites.

MOV

10 comments:

  1. Love it! You so deserve it! Thanks for brightening my day! as you usually do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Ranch Mama! I appreciate your nice comment!

      Delete
  2. I hope you shined up your tiara and got out your diamond encrusted ballet slippers! Sounds like you're going to need them. :-) Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhhhhhh, diamond-encrusted ballet slippers. I do not currently own any of those, but next time I am at Target you'd better believe I will be searching for some. :)

      and thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. How cool! I *heart* your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirby,

      Oh! (*blushes*) And I *heart* your blog, too!

      (although I am secretly wondering if my gramar is okay after reading that your an English teacher. Its all good though because because the computer checks all those kinds of things for me. And plus I DO speak English! My parents were kind enough to speak it at home when I was growing up, and because of tehm I never confuse there and bear. Im so lucky!)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations again. And again, well deserved! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, my alternate reality parallel universe ego Lily!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! You totally make my day and deserve all of the awards you can get your hands on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Tracie!! You make my day when you write about fighting with octogenarians at Walmart! Go, Tracie!

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)