MOVarazzi

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

698. Awards Season

Julie at Feeding The Cat gave me this lovely award, it is (from what I can tell), called the “White Box with The Little Red x” award.

Don't bother clicking on it, nothing happens

(Truth be told, I had seen this image once or twice before in my Internet-hopping career, but I just couldn’t place where, and I never realized before that it was an award.) I love Julie (and I also love her beautiful and unique name which is Julie) and I love her fun blog, so I immediately clicked over there to see what was required of me winning this award, if I had to, like, send her a tank full of dolphins, or some such nonsense.

Turns out, Julie received the same award from Lily, another of my perpetual favorites at Incoherent Ramblings of A Moss (I always thought it was “Moss,” Lily, like you were making some sort of British-y inside joke about Kate Moss. Now I realize it is “Moose” not “Moss” although I say split the difference and go “Mousse” as in chocolate. Just my opinion.). I pressed my Mouse impatiently (Mouse, not Moose) to click on over to Lily’s blog to find out the award specifics (how much money, exactly, would I be required to send her and Kate Moss this time?).

When I arrived at Lily’s blog, I was more confused than ever (she tends to have that effect on me). There was a new picture I had not seen, something about the “Conspiracy Surprise Lucille Ball” award. Was this what I was winning? This is kind of a big deal because Lucille Ball was always one of my comedy idols (don’t forget Carol Burnett, too). If I have indeed won the “Conspiracy Surprise Lucille Ball” award, that is obviously a huge honor. Thank you Lily, and Julie!

But wait.

There was some sort of four-letter word award right below that, but the only four-letter words on my blog are Tall, Cake, Back, Pain, Drug, Lazy, Home, Cash, TiVo, and Target (I think that last one might be more than four letters). So clearly, I was not actually winning that award.

Next, there was something called the “Supportive Blogger” award with a picture of a mouse. Come on, Lily, you can do better than that. A mouse is way too small to support anything. Swap out that photo of a mouse for one of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or Jake Gyllenhaal. That is an award I could definitely get behind. Any of them could support my blog any day of the week.

But then, I happened to scroll down a little bit more and saw the blog award I was meant to have: there, in a preppy explosion of pink and green was the “Kreativ Blogger” award, also known as the Bad Speller award. Ah, finaly: an award I truely deserv.

MOV

11 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha he he he he - you so funny, don't you dare send those dolphins back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, dolphins already on the way!

      thanks for the award!!!!!!

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  2. I have won a couple. But NOT the one where Liam Neeson shows up at my front door, dammit. Because who doesn't love a guy who starts his "Action Movie Hero" phase at 50+? And has a really cool accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooh, Liam Neeson. His gorgeous wife died just way too soon. He is quite dreamy, isn't he?

      Delete
  3. Speling stuf rite iz toatully ovarrated. Congratulations on your award! (I do think the white box with the red X might look fabulous as a wall print in a very avant-garde sort of way. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. Did you ever see that play several years back called "Art" by Yasmina Reza? It was in London and NY. I saw it NY, it starred Alan Alda. Great play! (that is something people do not know about me, I love plays and musicals and if I was filthy rich I would go to the theater all the time) Anyway, you can google it, but the premise of the play was that this guy buys and all-white painting for some crazy amount of money (like $200,000). His friends go berserk that he is losing his mind. Really fabulous play.

      Delete
    2. No, I'm afraid I haven't seen the play. It sounds great, though! I, too, love good theater. Unfortunately I live in a part of the country where we don't get much of that. But, our local university often produces some pretty decent stuff. Just recently I saw a 90-minute version of the opera "Carmen" followed by a Gilbert and Sullivan one-act comic opera "Trial By Jury." If I lived closer to NYC I'd be getting an extra job just to pay for theater tickets -- then we could go together!

      Delete
  4. Huh...? what...? wait...I'm confused...I gave a box with an x as an award...? OK, I'm going to lie down now because I've either entered an alternative universe, or may head is about to implode.

    P.S

    I wish I had called it 'Moss' instead of 'Moose' it's sounds a bit more apt for my dribblings.

    P.P.S

    Congrats on your award! How many is that now? A gazillion and one? (all very much deserved)

    P.P.P.S

    Did I ever tell yo that I tend to over exaggerate sometimes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gazillion awards? does that mean I need to buy a dress like the one Angelina Jolie wore? wowza!

      And I love your blog, Lily!

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete
  5. Was reading some of my fav's, and realized that I don't think I did the award thing right. I passed on an award to you and 2 others a couple of weeks ago, but did not mention to you.

    The award giving/receiving seems to be running rampant this week (with the few people I passed it onto, receiving multiple others as well) which just means we are a great group of gals!

    You don't need to pass it on, or list your favorite thing, or whatever. Since most of the awards seem to have the same criteria, I just wanted to comment to let you know I love your blog, and gave you an award. I forget things a lot!
    http://mylifeconcoctedbyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-may-not-have-won-radio-station.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I love it-- The Cute Blog award! I am honored. You are a great writer, and I check out your blog whenever I can. Thanks again!!

      xxo
      MOV

      Delete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)