MOVarazzi

Saturday, December 31, 2011

616. Drum Roll, Please (book party details)

Guess what? Tonight’s an exciting night! Okay, it is New Year’s Eve and all, but I am talking about my upcoming book signing party (don’t worry, it’s not tonight—you did not inadvertently miss it). I was going to wait until tomorrow to post the information, but alas I’m an Instant-gratification girl in a Can-this-DMV-line-move-any-slower world. So here goes:

YOU are cordially invited to my very first official book launch and signing party for my newly released instant classic “Mom’s Had A Rough Day,” which debuted at #8 on the NY Times best seller list!  (okay, I kind of made up that last part)

The details:
  • When: Saturday, January 21
  • Time: 7 PM
  • Where: just outside of Washington, D.C. at an amazing book store called
  • One More Page Books, 2200 N. Westmoreland St, Arlington, VA 22213
If you live anywhere in the vicinity, please come to the party! I would love to meet you! Obviously, you can buy the book at the party, but if you cannot wait, it is available right now on Amazon (click the button over on the right side of my blog). You can bring your copy along for me to sign (so it will become a valuable collector’s item, worth probably millions).

Also, it you do not want to buy the book but just want to meet me in person, that’s totally fine, too. I would love to meet you!  And children are welcome to come!

Here is the book store's phone number: 703-300-9746.  Feel free to call them in advance to RSVP yes and let them know you plan to attend the event. (Tell them MOV/ Julie Harrison sent you and that you follow my blog.)

So buy that plane ticket, book the train reservation, ready the helicopter, whatever it takes!  Please join us. 

Thank you to everyone who helped make this book a reality, thank you to my loyal readers, and thank you to One More Page for hosting the event. I haven’t felt this excited since Target started stocking my favorite European chocolate right next to the check-out lane.

MOV
(“My Official Vocation”)

11 comments:

  1. Count me in!! What a great way to start the NEW year!!

    Tera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tera-- YAY!!! You live in VA!!! I hope you (and your family!) can make it, I am super-excited to meet you!!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesomely exciting! HUGE congrats!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations MOV, wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Wish I could be there MOV. I'm so excited for you that I could literally burst...or it could just mean that I need the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Congrats! It's a little far for me... but if you make it down to Texas, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if you come to Central New York, give a shout....for now I just ordered my copy from Amazon!!! Would've been so much cooler autographed! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, MOV, I plugged my address and the bookstore address into Google maps, and found it's a 41 hour drive with no pee breaks.

    Have a wonderful signing! I'm very excited for your kick off to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you all the best .... sorry I can't be there. But I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should have planned our DC trip for this year! Congrats & I hope you're a smash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oc cottage--OMG, someone with TWO THOUSAND FOLLOWERS stopped by to say congrats to ME?!? (*scrape me off the ground, I have fainted)
    THANK YOU for taking the time! I am humbled.

    julie-- I know you will be there in spirit! (what time will it be in Australia? might be the middle of the night)

    lily--thanks! (er, I think. Unless you do have to go to the toilet. Might want to take care of that.)

    le'ann--thanks! no texas plans yet, but you never know! (Top Chef is in Texas this season, so obviously it is a guest-appearance-worthy place!)

    andrea--thanks for ordering the book! hope it makes you laugh a lot. :)

    kay-- what's a 41 hour drive with no pee breaks (unless your name is lily) to meet your favorite new author?!? thanks for your well wishes.

    anonymous-- thank you!

    marianne-- thanks!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)