MOVarazzi

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

562. Here We Go

Even though I am morally opposed to dumb things other people tell me to do (and even though I am allowed to tell others what to do: “You should totally buy that All-Clad Slow Cooker! It will change your life! I mean it!”), I am jumping on the bandwagon and doing the National Blond Poor Mothers thing, or NaBloPoMo for short.

Apparently, I am required to write a blog post per day (only one? yawn) and they give me “prompts” because I am too stupid dumb idiotic lazy (just struggling for the appropriate word choice there) to figure out something to write about on my own.

(Aside: I have never had writer’s block. Never. I have the opposite: writer’s circle. I can write about myriad topics at will and then go off on random tangents and then circle back. Twice.)

(Another critical thing to mention: I am not "officially" signed up to do NaBloPoMo because that involves clicking on things and typing my name in and most likely hitting the control “C” function and copying links. See above:  lazy.)

So, for November 1, the “prompt” topic that the wildly creative Blogopolous people have come up with is: “What is your favourite part about writing?”

Uh, laughing when people spell “favourite” the British way? Is Blogopolous British for “bad spellers”?

This is the best topic you can come up with? That is almost like the Blogspot random question they gave me on my sign-up personal info list: “Foxes are clever and tigers are cunning. So, what’s your cat’s safety school?”

Huh? What the? (The correct answer in now obvious to me: FoCleTiCu.)

So, back to the “real” question, oh yeah, the “literary” one: What do I like about writing? (Clearly: editing).

How many bloggers wrote: “I like sitting in my pajamas and trying not to drop too many M&M’s down my keyboard”? So. Original.

How about a question where it makes your brain hurt, something like, “If you met God, what would you ask Him?”

I know, I know, I am being snarky. I’ll stop. I promise. Really.

Honestly.

I am going to give NaBloPoMo another chance. I will click over there tomorrow morning with an open mind, and I will write about whatever prompt they dream up. (Unless it is something inane and formulaic like “What would you choose for your last meal on Earth?”)

MOV
("Mom's Other Vocation")

4 comments:

  1. I tried signing up last night to do the NaBloPoMo, but now my login doesn't work. I have wrote my response for question number one but I am waiting for midnight to publish it. But question number two sounds utterly ridiculous, "If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?", so I am skipping that question and publishing something else, not sure just yet what it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see we're all on board with that one, then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this November with that. I tried that on some random month earlier in the year when everybody in our house seemed to want my attention far more than usual, and somehow just creating a user login rendered me speechless! Next year, come join the lunacy of NaNoWriMo! Not sure if it was a moment of weakness or strength when I clicked that button again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being the wife of a Brit I have to stand up for the British spelling of various words such as favourite, colour, and other oddities. What's more fun is the way they say "aluminum" -- they say "al-you-minium." Neat! And "fracass" -- they say it very French-sounding "fracaw." What a language!

    And "writer's circle." HA! Great!

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)