MOVarazzi

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

561. HoSoBoDo

Where do I even begin? Okay, so some of my favorite writers (you know who you are Marianne, Kelly, Mary) have gone all corporate-like and are actually trying to get positive exposure for their awesome blogs through different venues, such as Blogopolous and all the major industrial bloggy-type things. I myself do not need to do such things, as I already have, like, a gazillion macmillion readers and dedicated followers (this is code for: 168. But we all know that with my superior math skills and superhero vision, I can just squint my eyes and 168 looks kinda like 11688, which is still a lot.).

The point is: this seems to be NaBloPoMo, and also NaNoWriMo. Who knew? And who knows what the hell those acronyms stand for?

I was curious, so I clicked over to see what all the fuss was about. Something about improving yourself, blah blah blah, and writing every day for 30 days (does my blog say 560? I think it does. Yes that is days. I must be the Marathon Writer of Blogs) and that if you take this challenge, it will make you a better writer and editorial and you’re writing skills and grammer and maybe even speling will improve dramastically.

Ha! Who needs it!

Time to guess what NaBloPoMo stands for. Native Blond Poor Mothers. Huh. Maybe I could do this after all.

MOV
("Meet Our Vixen")

7 comments:

  1. I can buy 1/2 cup of coffee at McDonald's a day with my income from BlogHer. You would be able to purchase a FULL cup AND some fries with your impressive readership. The editors would LOVE you. Of course, some of the readers over there don't appear to have a sense of humor. If you just ignore them, you might like it. C'mon. It'll be cool.

    Wait. This is starting to feel like an after school special. Never mind. You're like the girl I admired in high school who always listened to cool bands before they hit it big, then moved on to something else once they did.

    I just want you to be appreciated now. I'll beat up anyone in the mainstream who is mean to you. No t-shirts, I promise (though Gweenbrick's stuff is just begging to be put on coffee mugs).

    XOXO, The Artist Formerly Known as Director of Marketing & Communications for Evil Corporate America Sell-Outs

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly, right back at you.

    marianne, (BlogHer pays you? is that how this works?) I have to be honest, the fries sound tempting (would it be size regular or super-size though? 'cause I do like fries). You are so wrong about me being "that" girl in high school. I am like Drew barrymore in that movie where she goes back to high school ("Never Been Kissed"?) and then she is cool NOW as an adult impersonating a high-schooler and the flash backs show her as very NOT cool when she was young. Ha! And yes, I want to be appreciated. I might even look into how to sign up properly instead of just mocking it from afar. PS-- you are the cool one.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do what makes you feel comfortable. While I completely agree that more people should read your blog, I'd hate to see you lose your "voice."

    ReplyDelete
  4. couse, so funny that you say that, I am home sick today because I lost my voice! I sound like a weary frog, *croak!*

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am already giving up. Blogging is like crack for me and writing my novel...well...it's just too hard...and makes me want to eat more candy.

    NaNoWrGiMo

    National Novel Writers Give-up Month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh mary mary mary. give it another day or three before you throw in the towel. good luck.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)