MOVarazzi

Friday, September 23, 2011

520. Why That Other Job Never Called Back

So I have lots of imaginary friends. We go to lunch, we email each other, we hang out. And then I ask them for job references when I am applying for jobs. Guess what they do then:

“FYI, MOV: I got a call from that job you applied for today re: the reference check ... I explained that I couldn’t really answer the online questionnaire they sent for previous employers because we’ve never worked together professionally.

So, they took a personal character reference instead, and of course I said you spanked your children regularly, routinely blow off commitments, are perpetually late and extremely disorganized, and that I wasn't even sure how you had managed to keep two children alive. ;)”

Uh, thank you?

MOV

2 comments:

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)