MOVarazzi

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

512. Nominated! For, Like, An Emmy!

I was nominated today. And not, as you might choose to believe, for “Wearing Ugliest Office Fashions.” No. This was a real true nomination for the Best Blog of the Universe for 2011. Oh, wait—maybe it was for “Meme Blog” which means either “All the Same” or “Me-me-me-me” or “Short on Memory Space” (that could have been it). Well, the point is, someone somewhere is reading my blog and wanted me to answer a simple questionnaire about myself. I glanced at the questions and noticed that they did not once ask for my bra size, American Express card, or Social Security number, so we were in good shape.

Here are the questions and my answers, and then at the end I nominate some other bloggers to take part in this cyber-lovefest. The whole goal (I think, no one really explained it to me or maybe I just didn’t feel like reading the fine print) is to get exposure for some super-cool other blogs. I am very excited to help.

How It Works:

1) Blogger is nominated to take part
Pay attention, this part already happened, see above.

2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category

- Your most beautiful post
327. Snapshots Of Me

– Your most popular post
429. That Super Helpful Flight Attendant
About 3000 more views than any other post (or maybe that was 30, I’m not very good at math).

– Your most controversial post
459.  My Job Has Forced Me To Become An Alcoholic
This was not my most controversial. I just like it a lot. Maybe me putting a non-controversial post in the category of most controversial is actually controversial?

– Your most helpful post
340. How To Plan A Vacation In 18 Easy Steps

– A post whose success surprised you
489. Spanish Alzheimer's

– A post you feel didn’t got the attention it deserved
150. Champion

– The post that you are most proud of
368. Motherhood Is Orange

3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part

1. Pie Near Woman   (this is a satire/ spoof of Pioneer Woman)
2.  Happy Hour Mama (same vibe as my blog:  mom trying to do it all and laughing about it later)
3. Mama Is A Four Letter Word (on temporary hiatus, but worth reading her archives!)
4. Windy City Publishers Blog  (oh, you will like this one!  a lot!)
5. Just Inappropriate (do we go around in a circle forever now?)

4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
Okay, people, the ball is in your court.  Now get over to those other blogs and check it out!

5) And so it goes on like a bad double episode of Entourage or an extremely narcissistic and effective chain mail letter

Thank you, Mary at Just Inappropriate, for the nomination. Queen Virgo just got her tiara back from the cleaners, and was looking for an excuse to wear it.

MOV

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, new blogs to follow. Thanks MOV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le'Ann, you're welcome! hope you like the, :)

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)