MOVarazzi

Friday, December 24, 2010

273. Merry Christmas!

So I call my new friend Shawna to say Merry Christmas and let her know that I will be out of town for four days visiting my mom (by myself) in California. She asks if I’ll still be writing my blog while I’m on vacation. I laugh and tell her that I don’t have a laptop, so, no (I’m sure I’ll have some great material when I return though).

Then I have a fabulous idea, and tell Shawna that I will post her brand new blog site address for my regular readers to check out (Shawna and I have similar writing styles: self-effacing and quirky.) That way, maybe she’ll get a little more exposure and (hopefully?) a couple new followers.

Shawna is mortified. “Don’t do that,” she says firmly. Now I’m confused. Is my blog really horrible? Does she just not want to be associated with me in any way? What’s going on here?

She does not elaborate. But she makes me promise on the life of my dog that I won’t post the link for her blog.

I don’t have a dog:
http://happyhourmama.blogspot.com/

MOV
(PS—see you at this same Bat Channel, same Bat Time, on the 29th)

4 comments:

  1. You are crazy. I haven't posted in a few days because I can't escape from the padded room I have locked myself into to escape my mother. And so I finally log on to my site to write something and can't understand why I suddenly have around 75 more hits than I did on Friday morning. This explains it. And I am mortified. And now am scared to write anything for fear that it won't live up to the hype. I am going back to the padded room with my bottle of wine. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'll check out Happy Hour when I escape from the padded room I'm in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOV, don't you mean your new friend Schmawna? ;)

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)