MOVarazzi

Saturday, December 4, 2010

238. evil etsy

Oh, evil evil etsy has started doing this new thing that is: they track my purchases, or even things I have looked at, or things I might have put on my “favorites” list, and then they make their oh-so-helpful suggestions, like, “You might be interested in this.”

Damn it, etsy, I AM interested in this! Stop it! Stop it now. My meager little paycheck and I beg you to Just. Back. Off.

A small zippered tote with black embroidered airplanes all over it? Yep, sign me up. A woolly hand-knit scarf in shades of gray and burgundy? Make it mine. A hand-carved African wooden toucan for my 4-year-old who has a slight toucan fetish? My Amex number is 3732……..

I’m mad at you, etsy. I don’t need you and your hand-cut linoleum block greeting cards of stunning cityscapes. No. I can live without your sterling silver bracelet with the intricate leaf design. Watch me.

There is just one little teeny tiny itsy bitsy thing I would like to buy if you have it listed, because I used to have it, but I lost it, and I need it and I really really miss it:

My willpower. Comes in size extra-small. (I’ll take two.)

MOV

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I found another Etsy-er! I think there's some kind of spell configured into the wording or the website program. There's SSSOOOO many cool things on there!!! My husband and I are first responders....and basically make nothing. Add to that having 5 kids (yours,mine and ours)equals...we're not rich. SSSOOOO....I get most my ideas to make stuff from that site.
    Do you think there's a 12 step program somewhere for this issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! I naively "favorited" a few items last week, and now I'm being barraged with items that I love at first site and can't buy. Very dangerous.

    Although I did just purchase a Martin Luther portrait hair clip as a gag gift for a friend of mine who's a Lutheran pastor. How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)