MOVarazzi

Thursday, June 24, 2010

20. Warped

A very dear friend of mine (you know who you are) has a profound bit of wisdom as part of her signature on her emails. Without permission, I'm reprinting it here:

"Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like you do when nobody's watching."
~ Satchel Paige

I started thinking about this phrase ... and then (with apologies to Satchel Paige), I decided to tweak it a bit. Here goes:

Run like you're being chased,
Laugh like you get the joke,
and sing like you know the words.

But why stop there?

Cry like your mascara won't run,
Eat like you won't gain weight,
Spend like you have the money.

Dress like you have a job,
Party like you were invited,
Cheat like you won't get caught,

Listen like you care,
Nod like you understand,
Help like you want to,

Smile like you're happy,
Email like it will be read,
Tell jokes like you're funny,

Drive like you're not lost,
Write checks like there's money in your account,
Drink like you're not driving.

MOV
("Makes Original Verses")

2 comments:

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)