MOVarazzi

Thursday, June 24, 2010

19. How My Life Has Changed

Besides the "ideal vacation" thing (the new ideal being a vacation by myself with no husband and no kids, and possibly not even any other people at all), other ways my life (after kids) is different:

  • Before: wanted to change the world
  • After: want to change a load of clothes before they turn mildewy
  • Before: wanted to fix world problems
  • After: want to fix up the basement
  • Before: like a glass of wine occasionally
  • After: need a glass of wine (or two) with dinner nightly
  • Before: require five minutes to get ready to leave
  • After: require one hour to get three people ready to leave 
  • Before: would read a book or two per week
  • After: not counting "Dr. Seuss", read a book or two per year
  • Before: write, paint, draw, exercise, go out, travel
  • After: (what do all those things mean?)
  • Before: keep my home immaculate
  • After: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
  • Before: spend extra money on manicures
  • After: spend extra money on Play-Doh and Elmo videos
  • Before: only buy clothes that make me look cute
  • After: only buy clothes that don't show stains
  • Before: sleep
  • After: dream about sleep
I could go on to 100, but since I'm a mom of young children, do I really have the attention span for that?

MOV
("Missing Our Vacations")

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)