MOVarazzi

Thursday, June 17, 2010

14. Parenting Technique

So, Tall is in the backyard playing with two neighbor friends who are about the same age. Tall is not being very nice to Short, who is also trying to play along. I am getting more and more irritated as I see Tall go out of his way to be mean, pushing Short and making him cry.

I calmly walk up to Tall, lean over and whisper something in his ear. He immediately shakes his head no, then proceeds to do a complete 180 and starts being VERY nice to Short. Mission accomplished.

I go back in the kitchen and do a few dishes while I watch them out the window. I marvel at how simple this was and wonder why I did not think of it sooner. In fact, why are there not books written with entire chapters devoted to this stealth (and might I say, stellar) technique? It will now become a staple of my Parenting Repertoire.

What was it that I whispered?

"Tall, do you want me to embarrass you in front of your friends?"

MOV
("Mother Of Varmints")

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh yes. The dreaded embarrassment in front of the friends trick. Glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)